Sunday, May 2, 2010

Too many nachos

Since my husband Patrick and I are trapped in our apartment, due to excessive flooding in Nashville, our menus are limited to what we have in our fridge. Luckily, we went grocery shopping earlier in the week, so we're not gnawing on the furniture.

I peeked around to see what ingredients we had, and came up with this little beauty.

Quick Chicken Nachos

You will need:
Butter spray
Chicken (canned or leftover)
Mexican seasoning (like Emeril's)
Tortilla chips
Cheese, shredded or sliced
Sour cream
Salsa (I used mild tequila lime)

Now you have to do this:
If using canned chicken, drain and break up large chunks. If using cooked chicken (I used leftover butter roasted chicken from the other night), dice into small pieces. Toss in a skillet coated in butter spray, sprinkle with Mexican seasoning, and cook until thoroughly warmed.

Spread tortilla chips on a plate and cover with cheese. Microwave for about a minute or until cheese is melted. Top with cooked chicken, sour cream, and salsa.

(I accompanied mine with a glass of cold pineapple juice.)

It made a lot more than I expected, but P loved them and finished them off for me. I'll probably end up making them again!
blog comments powered by Disqus