Monday, May 3, 2010

Caitlin comes in many different sizes

If you've known for any period of time, you know that my weight runs up and down. Currently, I'm right about here:

This was taken two months ago...I'm somewhere in the 140s. I really don't want to weigh myself...because I know that I've gained some happy newlywed weight recently.

My lightest weight was the summer of 2009, when I was around 137.

I was working at Disney's Hollywood Studios at the time, which meant that I spent all day walking. Walking walking walking. Pair that with a steady diet of applesauce and Lean Cuisine frozen meals, plus about three or four bottles of water a day, and you can betcha the weight just slipped off.

But I have a history of gaining weight. I was in the 160s as a freshman in college, then dropped about 20-30 pounds. It slowly crept back up during sophomore year, so I spent junior year losing about ten of those new pounds. Senior year was full of waffling- I ranged between the 140s and the 150s, on average.

Now consider these numbers with the fact that I'm only five feet tall. Yeah. It's pretty ridiculous.

I showed this picture of me at my heaviest weight to my friend Erin, and she said, "Wow...Caitlin comes in many different sizes."

I vowed I would never get to that point again, and I haven't. But I do know that if I'm not careful, I could get there. Especially since P and I are thinking about having children in a few years. I'd like to be slim and healthy before I pack on the baby weight...hopefully that would make losing the weight even easier.

My goal weight is 115 lbs. My doctor recommended that I should be between 100-120, and I think that with my build I should stay somewhere in the middle. So it's time to bust out the exercise DVDs.

I also suspect that I'm developing an intolerance for lactose. It runs in my family, so I'm not surprised, but maybe cutting down on rich dairy products will help the weight drop off.

And once I reach my goal weight...I think I'll get myself a tattoo. I think that'll be a nice reward.
blog comments powered by Disqus