Wednesday, May 5, 2010

spendthrift?

I will be the first to admit that I have been indulging my shopping desires a little too much lately.

The big thing is that I NEED TO AVOID EBAY. Plain and simple. If I go on ebay, I bid. "What harm is one bid?" I think to myself.

And then I've placed bid after bid after bid...and I win them. Then I must pay. Gah.

Plus, I succumbed to the siren song of JoAnn's. This is the first time I've gone to the one in Madison, and I am completely impressed. Their fabric selection is wider and has better quality cuts than the one in Cool Springs. I think it's because the Cool Springs one is busier.

I went in with a list...and came out with a completely different list of projects to be made. I'm actually happier with these fabrics than my original plan, but still.

I think I need to plan my shopping trips better, rather than constantly changing what I'm looking for. I've created a list of basics that I need to look for...maybe that will help me create outfits that look pretty and cohesive.

In the meantime, I'm going to plan my outfit for tomorrow. I'm working an afternoon-to-close shift...and it's probably going to be hot. So...skirt and tee shirt? Yes, skirt and tee shirt.

But in the meantime, I'm terribly in love with this pattern:

Gorgeous and versatile.

(and I've had it for a month or two already...)
blog comments powered by Disqus