Monday, May 10, 2010

sexy librarian

This is the kind of style I'd like to wear more often. It was completely effortless to put together, but looks all grown-up and planned.

May 10, 2010

Top: Ann Taylor Loft Petites (thrifted)
Skirt: Barefoot in the Park skirt, handmade (self-drafted pattern)
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

Scent: Vera Wang Glam Princess

I found the top at Goodwill for $4.29, but I got it half-price. It's a super thin knit shirt from Ann Taylor Loft Petites. It fits perfectly...the only problem was that it had holes all over the bottom.


I solved it pretty easily, though. I turned the shirt inside out, folded it all the way around at the center of the hole-y area, pinned it, and pressed it.

Then I sewed a seam all the way around, creating a tuck. and pressed it down. Voila! Now it looks like a design feature.

Also, the holes are completely disguised. SWEET.

I already talked about sewing the skirt here, but I have to say it's ridiculously comfortable. And it makes me look thinner, which is always a plus.

Also, the shoes belonged to my sister, who outgrew them. She's four years younger than me.
blog comments powered by Disqus