Sunday, May 9, 2010

this...this doesn't help me at all.

In my never-ending quest to discover my personal style, I realized I don't even know what that is. So like any girl who had a Myspace in the early 2000s, I turned to internet quizzes. And they offered almost no help.

(from Ladies Home Journal)

Your Style Is: Classically Chic

You're a woman who loves her life -- you've worked hard to get where you are, and you're darn proud of it! You are brimming with confidence and assertiveness, and friends and colleagues know that if they need help solving a problem, you're the woman to see.

Looking pulled-together at all times is a priority for you. That's why you rely on classic, simple items that don't require a lot of thought and have timeless style.

Your wardrobe staples:

  • Several impeccably-cut suits in neutral shades of navy, black, charcoal, and chocolate. Buy pants and skirts for more options.
  • Tailored button-down oxfords. They look great under a jacket, and just as good paired with weekend jeans.
  • Cashmere crewneck sweaters. Stock up on sleeveless versions for summer, long-sleeved ones for winter.
  • Glossy leather pumps with a manageable heel of 1 to 2 inches.
  • Man-style oxfords to wear with pants.
  • A stainless steel tank watch, which goes with everything.

(from Quiz Rocket)






Style Quiz


(yeah, that helps a lot)

(from iVillage)

You Are Romantic
Things aren't worth much to you unless they have some personal meaning or a foothold in the past. For you, objects in the material world have a spirit that they carry with them, so you gravitate towards vintage clothing and jewellery. You are very sensual and feminine, and the way things feel is as important to you as how they look. You're not particularly interested in current styles because your reference points are timeless, but when you think of trends, you tend to think in terms of century rather than season. You often have a signature colour or hairstyle that you're loyal to, and perhaps even known for. You are a dreamer, and you often think of clothing as a costume.

Style role models include Winona Ryder, Nicole Kidman and Helena Bonham Carter.

(from Style.com)

Classic

I love timeless, elegant styles: a flat front trouser, a well-cut suit jacket, a luxurious cashmere sweater, a frame purse, a midheeled black pump. When I try on a garment, I am as interested in how it feels on my body as I am in how it looks. My favorite pieces were handed down to me from my grandmother or discovered at my favorite vintage store. I wear them year in and year out. After all, good taste never goes out of style!

(from Daily Fashion)

Preppy

Sweater sets and khaki's are a major part of your expanding Jcrew and GAP wardrobe. You like to stay updated with the up and coming fashion styles but you don't go too crazy! You tend to buy clothes that will stay in fashion for more than a season and ones that you can mix and match!

Although the bright colors, leather and the bohemian styles don't exactly flow with your own personal style you still find room in your wardrobe to stay hip with the changing trends.

Your "good girl" look pleases your mother but is also timeless and fashionable. People realize that you care about what you look like, but not at the expense of expensive clothes that are only fashionable for one season!

We at DailyFashion.com say "Go Girl!" You have chosen a style that is simple, fashionable and timeless but that won't put you out a pretty penny either! Your preppy style gives guys the impression that you are sweet and innocent but with a little mystery to match!


(from Ok Cupid)

Glamorous Soul

40% Flamboyance, 56% Originality, 55% Deliberateness, 50% Sexiness

You choose your outfits carefully according to many criteria. You don't like looking cheap, dull or random and you go to great lengths to avoid this. You are successful, too. People admire your taste and sex appeal. Many try to imitate you but not many can recreate your unique style. Sometimes, however, they find you too intimidating to approach. If you don't wear retro style yet, perhaps you should consider it. It would become greatly your sexy, mysterious self.

See? See? This does nothing for me. Nothing. I'm apparently a classically chic, romantic, frumpy, preppy, glamorous soul. I have no idea what I am!

Did any of these quizzes nail you, or are you as confused as I am?

(Also, I would just like to say that I can only spell "glamorous" by singing the Fergie song of the same name in my head.)
blog comments powered by Disqus