Monday, May 10, 2010

I think that girl's shady

I discovered Kate Nash back in 2008, when I was a sophomore (or maybe a junior) in college. My roommate and best friend, Kat, as a serious love affair with VH1, and we used to watch the music video hours in the morning while we got ready for classes. One day the channel played "Foundations" by Kate Nash. I remember standing there with my toothbrush in my gawping mouth, staring at the screen. Kat got me her album for my birthday that year, and that was that.

I've been waiting for a long, long, LONG time for her new album, and My Best Friend Is You finally dropped last month. My friend Rose and I have been listening the crap out of it.

Kate Nash has a very fun, very quirky style, with all sorts of sometimes silly, sometimes deep lyrics. There's something very childlike and lighthearted about her music...although she can oftentimes swear like a sailor. It's all part of her charm.

This is one of my favorite songs from her new album. It's called "Do-Wah-Doo," and I really want one of those vintage flight attendant uniforms.

blog comments powered by Disqus