Sunday, May 9, 2010

Barefoot in the Park skirt

Whenever I audition, I tend to dress for the role I want. Like when I auditioned for Adelaide in Guys and Dolls, I wore a royal blue wiggle dress. And when I auditioned for Snoopy!!! The Musical, I wore chucks and pigtails. So when I was called back for Barefoot in the Park, I wore a high waisted skirt, a white buttoned blouse, black tights, and black heels with my hair in a bun.

Barefoot in the Park skirt
Barefoot in the Park Skirt

Made:
November of 2008

Made for: Barefoot in the Park callbacks

Pattern: none

Materials: black and purple plaid wool

Cost: free!

Time to Make: about an hour

My sister brought me about a yard of purple and black wool when she cleaned out the costume closet at her high school. It was too pretty to waste, but I didn't know what to make with such a small amount.

When I was getting ready for Barefoot in the Park callbacks (I was called back for the mother), I pulled out this fabric and whipped the skirt together in just about an hour. It's my first high waisted skirt, which makes me a little nervous, seeing as how I am large of boob. It actually looked rather nice on me.

I haven't worn it in a while, but I've lost some weight since then, and I'm hoping it fits even better when I wear it to work tomorrow.

Here's the back view. The skirt fastens with a zipper and a hook-and-eye tab disguised by two large buttons. I used white because it was the only color in my stash.



Barefoot in the Park skirt (back)

Here's how I wore it:


May 10, 2010
blog comments powered by Disqus